Monday, October 24, 2016

Not Me! – Mark 14:29

Key Passage

Peter said, “All the other followers may lose their faith. But I will never lose my faith.”

— Mark 14:29 ERV (Read Full Text)


Key Thought

Peter, seemingly always wanting to be better or more important than the other followers of Jesus, overstates his faith. While Peter initially backs up his words to Jesus by drawing a sword and being ready to defend his Lord when Jesus is arrested, Peter runs away with the other followers when Jesus won’t fight. In fact, he later denies his Lord three times. Peter is the great reminder that even those of us who possess great faith can run into confusing times when our faith seems to waver and our resolve seems to melt. Thank goodness for our forgiving Savior. However, let’s heed Jesus’ warning to Peter and never over-state our loyalty or be overly critical of those whose loyalty wavers. Instead, let’s commit to be faithful and to reclaim those who falter.


Prayer

LORD God Almighty, I am not even close to being invincible. My faith is fallible. I don’t want to waver or fall. However, dear LORD, I know that without your powerful help, I will. I humbly ask for your strength and pray that I will not disappoint you or fail you. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Related Scriptures

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

from “What Jesus Did! from Heartlight”
via original RSS feed: http://ift.tt/2ezXz6O

Reposted by: To Live Like Jesus Clothing Ministry on October 25, 2016

The post Not Me! – Mark 14:29 appeared first on To Live Like Jesus Clothing Company.