Monday, October 10, 2016

Only for a little While! – Mark 14:7-8

Key Passage

You will always have poor people with you. You can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. This woman did the only thing she could do for me. She poured perfume on my body. She did this before I die to prepare me for burial.

— Mark 14:7-8 ERV (Read Full Text)


Key Thought

So often we have people we love dearly and greatly respect that we never praise, honor, or thank until after they are dead. This story of the woman’s expensive gift to Jesus should be a reminder that we shouldn’t wait till people are dead to give them the thanks they deserve. Let’s thank others and honor them in ways that are appropriate for their service.


Prayer

Father, I know there are many people in my life who have blessed me. Please forgive me for not being more affirming and appreciative to them. Help me see the opportunities I have to thank and honor people, always to your glory, before their time on earth is ended. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Related Scriptures

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

from “What Jesus Did! from Heartlight”
via original RSS feed: http://ift.tt/2e1Zm5T

Reposted by: To Live Like Jesus Clothing Ministry on October 11, 2016

The post Only for a little While! – Mark 14:7-8 appeared first on To Live Like Jesus Clothing Ministry.