Sunday, October 30, 2016

Your Will, Not Mine! – Mark 14:36

Key Passage

Jesus prayed, “Abba, Father! You can do all things. Let me not have this cup {of suffering}. But do what you want, not what I want.”

— Mark 14:36 ERV (Read Full Text)


Key Thought

Jesus recognizes two crucial realities. First, God can do anything he wants to do; he is God, the Sovereign ruler of all things. Second, Jesus knows that his life must be governed by God’s will and not his own. The whole of human salvation history hinges on one heart-felt phrase from Jesus’ lips: “I want your will, not mine.” In a parallel way, our future is also determined by our following our Savior’s example and saying, “Father, I want your will, not mine.”


Prayer

Father in heaven, I want so much to mean the following words. “Not my will, but your will, dear Father, be done.” In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Related Scriptures

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

from “What Jesus Did! from Heartlight”
via original RSS feed: http://ift.tt/2eKXdKd

Reposted by: To Live Like Jesus Clothing Ministry on October 31, 2016

The post Your Will, Not Mine! – Mark 14:36 appeared first on To Live Like Jesus Clothing Company.