Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Keep Alert! – Mark 14:37-38

Key Passage

Then Jesus went back to his followers. He found them sleeping. He said to Peter, “Simon, why are you sleeping? You could not stay awake with me for one hour? Stay awake and pray for strength against temptation. Your spirit wants to do what is right. But your body is weak.”

— Mark 14:37-38 ERV (Read Full Text)


Key Thought

We so often underestimate our own weakness. We know what we want to do and be, but so often we fall far short of that. Our intentions are good, but our follow through is flawed. Thank God for his grace; we can rely on the Holy Spirit to strengthen us and help us.


Prayer

Father, I know that without the help of your Holy Spirit, I will fall way short of what I want to do and who I want to be. Please strengthen me with your might through your Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Related Scriptures

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

from “What Jesus Did! from Heartlight”
via original RSS feed: http://ift.tt/2ftLt0v

Reposted by: To Live Like Jesus Clothing Ministry on November 02, 2016

The post Keep Alert! – Mark 14:37-38 appeared first on To Live Like Jesus Clothing Company.