Monday, July 3, 2017

The Searcher’s Goal – Matthew 13:45-46

Key Passage

“Also, the kingdom of heaven is like a salesman looking for fine pearls. One day the salesman found a very fine pearl. The salesman went and sold everything he had to buy that pearl.”

— Matthew 13:45-46 ERV (Read Full Text)

Key Thought

I don’t know about you, but I love to read mystery novels. I search for the clues, listen for the hints, and dig for the foreshadowing. But the joy of the search is worth its price only when I reach its goal. In searching for God’s truth, I travel on the road of assurance because I know he wants me to find his grace and discover his Kingdom even more than I do. But without stretching for his truth, I may not have truly appreciated all that he has done for me. Without surrendering to him completely, letting his Kingdom be fully recognized as what I have longed to find all of my life, I probably would have missed its power and beauty. The Kingdom brings joy, not because its demands are easy, but because it calls me to a life of wholehearted, singularly focused truth. I won’t hold anything back as I follow.

Prayer

Almighty God, King of All, I want to fully surrender to your call and serve your Kingdom with wholehearted devotion. You are worthy of my life and your Kingdom is worth any price I may pay. Please help my faith to remain strong, my vision clear and my heart set fully on doing your work. In the midst of this, I know you will keep me in your grace. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Related Scriptures

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2017. All rights reserved.

Date: July 04, 2017
From: “What Jesus Did! from Heartlight”
via original RSS feed: http://ift.tt/2tGv4vc
Reposted by: To Live Like Jesus Clothing Company
Category: What Jesus Did!

Comments/Suggestions

If you would like to share your thoughts and/or comments… please leave your feedback below. All comments and suggestions are not of our own, but that of our readers and customers. These comments may not reflect our (TLLJCC) views, but are meant for discussion purposes to talk about a variety of Christian subjects.

Giving Back

To Live Like Jesus Clothing Company, works with Feeding America (feedingamerica.org). For every dollar donated, the Feed America network of food banks secures and distributes 11 meals to people facing hunger.

The post The Searcher’s Goal – Matthew 13:45-46 appeared first on To Live Like Jesus Clothing Company.